There are various pool heating options available, the most energy-efficient and cost-effective way is to use Solar Pool Heating panels manufactured from high quality UV protected HDPE plastic.
The process uses the sun’s energy to warm your pool in the following manner. Your current pool pump draws water from your pool and pumps it to your roof via two pipes that are installed to wall of your home. The water circulates through solar heated collectors on your roof, and returns the warm water back into your pool.
The panels heat output is dependant on the seasons hence to average the performance out you can expect the following heat increase in your pool depending on the time of year:
- Summer: 7-12 deg increase in your current pool water temperature
- Winter: 3-5 deg increase in your current pool water temperature.
If you have a solar blanket installed then the increases could be much greater as there will be minimal heat loss.
Why should you heat your pool?
The average pool owner in South Africa only uses his pool for 3 months of the year because the water is simply to cold to swim in the rest of the time. By installing a Pool heating system or a heat pump (discussed later on) you can now enjoy your pool all year round thus getting the most from your swimming pool investment. You and your family will experience hours of fun in the pool instead of around the pool.
Advantages of our Solar Panels
- Single tube design so can be easily repaired if a leak occurs
- The panels can breathe on the roof so no moisture can build up underneath and the roof gets heated too and provides extra heat onto the panels
- There is very little wind load so panels cannot be blown away
- Easy to install
- Modular system so one can add panels and upgrade at anytime with minimal fuss
When you are installing a Solar heating system here are some of the things one must consider:
- Swimming pool size or volume of water
- Roof orientation and shade that roof is exposed to (trees around roof)
- Pool and roof colour ( helps with the absorption of heat)
- Amount of shade and wind that the pool is exposed to
- Your desired swimming season
- Size of Pool pump and Sand filter
- Height of Roof and pipe run from the motor to the roof
Go Green Guys has been in the Solar industry for a number of years and we want to provide our customer with the most efficient pool heating system to provide maximum performance.
- The panels are installed on a suitable facing roof that is as close to North as possible
- The panels are secured by using galvanised wire that is attached to the battens under the tiles or by Pop rivets (sealed properly) if it’s a metal roof
- The pipes are run over the gutter or parapet wall and down to the pool motor.
- A bypass & non return valve is installed on the wall for the client to regulate the heat
- The connection is made into the current pump filtration system.
We will advise the perfect solar heating system required for your environment and take into account such things as: High wind areas, Roof type, Roof position and the pipe run
So you can be assured of a Quality installation every time and backed by our 1 year installation guarantee & 12 year Panel guarantee against leaks.
HEAT PUMP WATER HEATING SYSTEM
A hot water heat pump is a very efficient electrical water heater as it extracts heat out of the ambient air and converts it to usable heat that in turn heats water circulating through a heat exchanger.
Their popularity has however increased drastically due to the increase in the price of electricity in the recent years and this increase in demand has brought down the price of manufacturing units.
A heat pump works like an air conditioning unit in reverse. It extracts heat from the ambient surrounding air enabling it to heat the refrigerant which is then compressed causing it to get even hotter. This refrigerant is then run through a heat exchanger where this thermal energy is drawn off to heat the water and the refrigerant is allowed to expand again, thus cooling it down and enabling it again to absorb more heat from the surrounding air.
Electricity is only used to run a fan and compressor and the heat energy is provided indirectly by the sun and surrounding environment. A hot water heat pump typically produces up to 4 times more heat energy than the electrical energy it consumes. So by connecting a heat pump to your existing hot water cylinder you can save up to 75% on your current geyser energy consumption.
A heat pump is not directly dependent on the sun hence it can operate day and night, winter and summer ensuring you the highest possible performance and hot water 24/7.
Heating systems for your pool / Jacuzzi’s
Pool heating heat pumps are designed to make you get the most enjoyment from your pool. With pool temperatures programmable up to 40 deg Celsius you can now swim all year round. No longer do you need to have your roof covered with solar panels or spend thousands of Rand on electricity. Heat pumps are compact, quiet and very simple to install. It will provide you with many years of trouble free pool heating.
Our pool heat pumps use the latest in heat pump technology resulting in extremely low operational cost. For every R1.00 worth of electricity this unit can give you more than R4.00 worth of heat output to heat the pool quickly and efficiently.
The GGG swimming pool heat pump series are available in various models ranging from 5.4Kw to 55Kw and are ideal for Residential swimming pools, Resort pools, and Olympic size public and School swimming pools.
These heat pumps can increase your swimming season whole year round and achieve pool temperatures of up to 35°C (season and installation location dependant).
Some of the unique features of our heatpumps are as follows:
- Digital temperature settings and display ( easy to control and use)
- More heatpumps may be added in parallel at later date if the temperature is to low
- Titanium heat exchanger with a 5 year quality guarantee
- Low noise 47-58 dB(A)
- Weatherproof: Power coated beige casing or Stainless steel option
- Auto Pump Saver: Pool heat pump only activated when pool requires heating as its thermostatically controlled
- Automatic Defrost: Models come with auto defrost down to +2°C ambient ( ideal for cold areas)
- The unit has a 12 month electrical warranty & 5 year heat exchanger warranty subject to a annual service